Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Runnin' Out of Gas!

Okay, so some of you might think I am talking about running out of gas, steam, energy, etc. at the end of the day. No, I am talking about running out of propane (gas)! We run everything on propane at the Simmons' house and boy, let me tell ya, it gets exciting at times. Our latest problem was just completely running out and not having heat for our cold little bodies at night. Of course we are newlyweds and still like to snuggle, so that is exactly what we had to do! Since I moved into the house, I have been getting used to using gas heaters. It made me think of my recent adventures dealing gas and how I am still surprised that our house is still standing. My experience with it has been very entertaining to myself and Clay. Clay wasn't home the first time I tried to light the heater, therefore why I was doing it. Clay taught me to first turn the gas knob on, then light the match while turning to knob to the heater on slowly. It looked much easier when he was showing me all of this. So, here I went! I turned on the gas knob on the wall...then lit the match...then turned the gas knob slowly on the heater. What happened?! I almost burned my eyebrows off is what happened! He failed to mention to put the match inside the heater so that the gas would not light while you were holding it close to you. Well, since then, I have mastered the art of lighting the heaters and consider myself to be quite handy around the house! Heat may seem like a simple thing, but I have had many exciting stories to tell ever since I moved in. More stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment